Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Deliciously different pesto fish.
- 4 (4 ounce) white fish fillets or 4 (4 ounce) scrod fillets or 4 (4 ounce) sole fillets or 4 (4 ounce) flounder fillets, thawed if frozen
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice or 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 cups packed fresh cilantro leaves, stems removed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes or 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Prepare a shallow baking dish with non-stick pan spray.
- Sprinkle the fish with lemon juice and place in the dish.
- Mince the garlic in a food processor or blender.
- Add the cilantro; process until minced.
- Add the oil, salt, and pepper flakes; process until well mixed.
- (Alternatively, mince the garlic and cilantro by hand; stir in the oil, salt, and pepper until well blended.) Spread the pesto evenly over the fish.
- Bake 10 minutes, or until the fish is opaque and flakes easily with a fork.
- Serve hot.
I thought this was a nice change to the typical way I prepare fish. It had nice flavor and I would definitely try it again. We used the food processor, as suggested, and this made the dish very easy to prepare. Thank you for posting.