Recipe by EdsGirlAngie
Tasty, healthy and easy! The spicy tomato-orange sauce simmers for 20 minutes, tops whitefish fillets, and bakes for another half-hour. Very fresh and delicious served with my Mexican Saffron Rojo Rice and a cool salad!
- 2 white fish fillets (orange roughy, flounder or sole are good)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 dash clove
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly brown fish in olive oil in a skillet.
- Arrange fish in a baking dish and preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Season with a little salt.
- In the same pan in which fish was lightly browned, add tomato sauce, orange juice, onion, garlic, crushed dried red pepper, salt, oregano, cumin, cinnamon and cloves.
- Simmer together about 20 minutes, or until slightly thickened.
- Pour over fish in the baking dish and bake uncovered at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.
- Serve and garnish with lettuce, orange slices and radishes.