Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Use thin fish fillets
Top Review by KristiJoy
My family loved this recipe. I used olive oil in place of the butter since my DD is allergic to dairy and it worked well. My breadcrumbs were a little flavorless so next time I will probably use something different. I had used Matzo meal. Otherwise I really liked the recipe. Thank you!
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 1⁄2 lbs white fish fillets (snapper, cod, or sole)
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- fresh ground black pepper
- 3 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tomatoes, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup dry white wine
- 3⁄4 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Arrange onion slices in a lightly oiled 13x9 inch glass baking dish.
- Place fillets on top and sprinkle with basil, salt, and pepper.
- Arrange mushrooms on top of fish; then tomato slices.
- Pour wine around fish fillets.
- In a small bowl, toss bread crumbs with melted butter.
- Spread on top of fillets and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, until fish flakes when tested with a fork; 10-15 minutes.