Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Epicurious The choice of fresh fruit depends entirely on what's available, so don't be afraid to experiment. Mangoes, pineapples, apples, and strawberries are some fruits to consider, although the drink should include at least one citrus fruit, just for some zing.
- 1 (750 ml) bottle white zinfandel wine, chilled
- 1⁄2 cup peach schnapps
- 2 tablespoons Cointreau liqueur or 2 tablespoons orange liqueur
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cinnamon sticks, broken in half
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 orange, sliced
- 1 peach, sliced into wedges
- 1 (10 ounce) bottle club soda, chilled
- ice cube
- Mix first 8 ingredients in tall pitcher. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes to allow flavors to blend. Mix in club soda. Fill 6 wineglasses with ice cubes. Pour sangria over ice and serve.
This is the Sangria I make in the summer. It is good except the sugar doesn't blend when in the alcohol when made per the directions. I make a simple syrup now and just add a little bit to taste instead of adding straight sugar. It works much better. I can't wait for peaches to come back into season!