Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
I developed this recipe for an open house/Iron Chef competition party. Our "secret" ingredient was ginger. This won first place in entree category.
- 12 chicken breast tenders, pounded flat
- 24 slices pepper bacon
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons ginger powder
- 12 ounces monterey jack cheese, cut into 1 oz cubes
- 2 fresh jalapenos
- Lay out bacon slices on wax paper.
- Combine sugar and ginger powder.
- Sprinkle bacon slices with ginger sugar. Turn and coat the other side.
- Let bacon sit in refrigerator overnight.
- Cut jalapenos into 12 slices.
- Place one cheese cube and one piece of jalapeno on center of chicken tender. Wrap chicken around cheese and jalapeno.
- Wrap one slice of bacon around chicken tender to secure the folded chicken breast. Counter-wrap another slice of bacon around chicken tender. The point is to use the bacon to seal up the cheese as best as possible. Secure with toothpick.
- Grill on each side until bacon is crisp.
- Pointer: If you don't wrap the bacon and chicken tightly enough, your cheese will run out during cooking.