Recipe by Queenkungfu
In this recipe a really sweet wine should be used, such as a Muscatel from Italy. It will also work wonders to serve it with the lovely strawberry dessert. found this at scandcook.com!
Top Review by Merlot
This is lovely!!!! (Never thought to use sweet white wine for the strawberries.) I prepared it exactly as stated, using honey instead of the corn syrup. I served it in over-sized martini glasses. I can't wait to make it for guests. Its easy yet elegant. Thanks for sharing, queenkungfu.
- 2 1⁄2 cups white wine
- 1 1⁄2 cups corn syrup or 1 1⁄2 cups honey
- of fresh mint
- 1 1⁄2 cups creme fraiche
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- fresh strawberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the strawberries in slices and put them in a bowl.
- Add the wine, corn syrup (or honey) and mint and mix with the strawberries.
- Whip the crème fraîche and sugar with an electric mixer until it reaches a firm consistency.
- Put the strawberries into 4 serving bowls and top with a scoop of crème fraîche.
- Tip! What makes it possible to whip the crème fraîche is its fat content, so don’t use crème fraîche light if you want to achieve the right consistency. On the other hand, it’s possible to serve the strawberries with a dab of unwhipped crème fraîche.