Recipe by Dr. Jenny
I got this recipe from Holiday Market, which is near the house and we tried it on some white fish. DH and I thought it had a nice flavor.
Top Review by diner524
My 21 yo DS was coming over for dinner, so I made this to go over our recipe#395542. I made the sauce as written except that I just sliced the shallots, then was able to strain the sauce over DS's chicken but had mine with the works, yummy. Thanks for sharing a very tasty sauce!! Made for Rookie Recipe Tag Game.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons olive oil or 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 large shallots, diced
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 4 tablespoons capers, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley leaves
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in medium saucepan over medium heat until shimmering, but not smoking.
- Add the shallots and cook, stirring frequently, until softened and beginning to color, about 1 1/2 minutes.
- Add wine and lemon juice, increase heat to high, and bring to a boil.
- Boil until reduced to 3/4 cup, 3-5 minutes.
- Remove saucepan from burner. Whisk in butter, capers, and parsley. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- To serve, stir sauce to recombine, and spoon over your cooked fish.