Recipe by alligirl
This should throw your guests for a loop! Sangria, with white wine? Why, yes, yes...Does NOT include 2-1 hour refrigeration periods. Taken from recipe. com and posted for ZWT.
- 1 lemon
- 1 cup water
- 2⁄3 teaspoon whole cloves (5)
- 1 cinnamon sticks (2 inch) or 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 fruit-flavored herbal tea bags (such as orange, peach, berry)
- 1 (750 ml) bottle white wine, chilled
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 12 small strawberries, halved
- 1 orange, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 lime, thinly sliced
- 1 cup club soda or 1 cup seltzer water
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim off the end and thinly slice half of the lemon; set aside.
- Using a vegetable peeler, peel 3 (1 1/2-inch-long) strips of lemon rind off the remaining lemon half and place in a small saucepan.
- Add water, cloves and preferably a cinnamon stick; bring to a simmer and cook, covered, 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add the tea bags and steep 5 minutes.
- Remove tea bags, pressing well to extract tea; discard bags.
- Refrigerate tea mixture until well chilled, at least 1 hour.
- Combine wine and tea mixture in a large pitcher.
- Stir in sugar, to taste.
- Add strawberries, orange, lime and reserved lemon slices; refrigerate at least 1 hour or up to 48 hours.; just before serving, stir in the club soda.
- Serve in chilled glasses over ice, spooning in some of the fruit with the sangria.