This should throw your guests for a loop! Sangria, with white wine? Why, yes, yes...Does NOT include 2-1 hour refrigeration periods. Taken from recipe. com and posted for ZWT.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lemon
- 1 cup water
- 2/3 teaspoon whole cloves (5)
- 1 cinnamon sticks (2 inch) or 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 fruit-flavored herbal tea bags (such as orange, peach, berry)
- 1 (750 ml) bottle white wine, chilled
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 12 small strawberries, halved
- 1 orange, thinly sliced
- 1/2 lime, thinly sliced
- 1 cup club soda or 1 cup seltzer water
- 1Trim off the end and thinly slice half of the lemon; set aside.
- 2Using a vegetable peeler, peel 3 (1 1/2-inch-long) strips of lemon rind off the remaining lemon half and place in a small saucepan.
- 3Add water, cloves and preferably a cinnamon stick; bring to a simmer and cook, covered, 10 minutes.
- 4Remove from heat, add the tea bags and steep 5 minutes.
- 5Remove tea bags, pressing well to extract tea; discard bags.
- 6Refrigerate tea mixture until well chilled, at least 1 hour.
- 7Combine wine and tea mixture in a large pitcher.
- 8Stir in sugar, to taste.
- 9Add strawberries, orange, lime and reserved lemon slices; refrigerate at least 1 hour or up to 48 hours.; just before serving, stir in the club soda.
- 10Serve in chilled glasses over ice, spooning in some of the fruit with the sangria.
Browse Our Top Punch Beverage Recipes
Nutritional Facts for White Wine Sangria
Serving Size: 1 (197 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 120.7
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 12.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 11.0 g
- Protein 0.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
herbal tea bags