Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs
A really nice pork roast!
Make and share this White Wine Marinated Pork Roast recipe from Food.com.
- Combine the first five ingredients in a small bowl; mix well.
- Place the roast in a large resealable bag.
- Pour the wine marinade over the roast; seal bag.
- Turn the bag to coat the roast.
- Marinate in the refrigerator overnight or for at least 2 hours, turning the bag occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Remove the roast from the bag and discard the marinade.
- Place the roast, fat side up, on a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- Insert a meat thermometer.
- Bake 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until thermometer reads 155 degrees F.
- For gravy: Strain the meat drippings.
- Add white wine to the meat drippings to equal 1-1/4 cup.
- In a small saucepan, combine 2 T water and 4 T cornstarch, blending until smooth.
- Add the wine and drippings.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Boil and stir until it starts to thicken.
- It will continue to thicken after you remove it from the heat, so don't keep it on the heat too long!
What a very tender and flavorful roast! I followed your recipe exactly, using the dry white wine instead of the chicken broth. I believe the wine gives it that extra special flavor. I'll be making this roast over and over again. Thanks so much for sharing this. :-)
Not even worth rating. After following everything to a tee the out come WAS AN EPIC FAIL!! sounds great while reading. not worth your time in making at all.