Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Lovely spooned in trifles or goblets, covered with custard Classic Custard Sauce, and topped with whipped cream! -Or-, use to glaze a cake.
- 5 (1/4 ounce) envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 2 cups cold water
- 4 cups boiling water
- 4 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 cups white wine
- 1 lemon, juice of, and strained
- 2 oranges, juice of, and strained
- Soften gelatin in cold water for 5 minutes.
- Bring hot water and sugar to a boil. Remove from heat, add gelatin and blend well. Cool.
- Stir in wine, lemon juice, and orange juice. Pour into a mold or individual glasses. Refrigerate until firm, about four to six hours.
- Serving suggestions: Serve on toast or a cracker. Spoon wine jelly into goblets, cover with custard, and top with whipped cream. Also great used to glaze a cake.