Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Be prepared to share this recipe! Yummy!
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 (3 3/4 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 1⁄2 cup fruity white wine
- 1 1⁄4 cups chopped walnuts or 1 1⁄4 cups pecans, divided
- 1⁄2 cup softened butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup same fruity white wine, as used in cake
- Mix all ingredients, except nuts, with electric mixer for 3 minutes.
- Fold in 3/4 cup nuts.
- Grease and flour 10 inch tube pan.
- Sprinkle remaining nuts on bottom of pan.
- Pour batter into pan.
- Bake at 325 for 50- 60 minutes.
- Combine all ingredients and boil for about 1 minute, Drizzle over cake which has been pricked with toothpicks, Leave in pan overnight or at least 3 hours, Best if made 2-3 days before serving.