Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found sundried tomato chicken sausage in the grocery store so decided to make a light pasta out of it. Very quick and easy meal.
- 5 links chicken sausage
- 1 (8 ounce) package mushrooms, presliced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 (10 ounce) package baby spinach leaves
- 8 ounces whole wheat penne rigate, cooked according to package, reserve some pasta water or 8 ounces pasta, of choice cooked according to package, reserve some pasta water
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat large skillet and oil over medium high heat.
- Remove casing from sausage and slice.
- Add sausage and mushrooms to skillet and brown until mushrooms are tender.
- Deglaze skillet with white wine.
- Once wine cooks out add diced tomatoes and tomato sauce.
- Simmer until heated through.
- Season to taste.
- Add spinach and let wilt.
- Add cooked pasta and reserved pasta water (About 1/4 cup).
- Toss and top with grated parmesan if desired.