Recipe by Ewalla
I came up with this recipe when I found some good mushrooms at the store and thought about what I already had at my house. Very easy to make and delicious! Not sure if my measurements are exactly right but you can just kind of use your own judgment.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs chicken tenders
- 1 (8 ounce) package cremini mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 3⁄4-1 cup water
- 1⁄2 lemon
- garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium high heat.
- Season chicken with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Brown both sides of chicken tenders in skillet (3-5 minutes per side) Remove tenders then add the mushrooms and cook until tender. Season with salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat to medium low. Push mushrooms to one side of the pan and melt butter then add flour to make a roux. Cook until combined and flour has cooked out, stirring constantly (about 2 minutes and add more butter or olive oil if mixture looks too dry).
- Add wine and let cook out. Mixture will thicken so add water as necessary.
- Add chicken back to the skillet and continue cooking until gravy is of desired thickness.
- Squeeze lemon into gravy and serve over rice or noodles.