Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I got this delicious recipe from a chef at a restaurant where it was served with chicken. It also goes great with pasta or as a risotto sauce. It's easy to make but tastes very expensive!
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 20 small mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 chicken stock cube, undiluted
- 236.59 ml white wine
- 473.18 ml heavy cream
- olive oil, to fry
- Fry the onion, garlic and mushrooms in a little olive oil. Do not fry them long enough to change their colour.
- Add the wine and simmer for about 5 minutes until the wine has largely soaked in.
- Crumble in the stock cube.
- Add the cream.
- Reduce the heat to slowly bring to the boil and leave to simmer and thicken- this should take 5-10 minutes.
- If it does not thicken enough, add a little more chicken stock cube and simmer a bit longer.
Absolutely loooooved this recipe! I am a foodie and a new mom trying to loose weight. I substitute with light cream and when I have been really bad just low fat milk n some margarine n flour. Does the trick. Add any whole wheat pasta or even ravioli and you can have a yummy dinner portion under 550 calories including salad.
Just couple things, if making the low fat version always add fresh herbs and maybe a few red pepper flakes for kicks and be careful the stock cube makes the recipe very very salty. Add about half cube or low sodium stock.
I just made this and it was YUMMY, I added some fresh parmasaen and thyme and it turned out perfect!!
I made this a few weeks ago and it was really good. I also cut up steamed asparagus and threw it into the mix. I will definitely be making this again. However, for those who tend to not use a lot of sauce on a plate of pasta, beware that I got about 5-6 servings out of this recipe and not 2.