I got this delicious recipe from a chef at a restaurant where it was served with chicken. It also goes great with pasta or as a risotto sauce. It's easy to make but tastes very expensive!
- Fry the onion, garlic and mushrooms in a little olive oil. Do not fry them long enough to change their colour.
- Add the wine and simmer for about 5 minutes until the wine has largely soaked in.
- Crumble in the stock cube.
- Add the cream.
- Reduce the heat to slowly bring to the boil and leave to simmer and thicken- this should take 5-10 minutes.
- If it does not thicken enough, add a little more chicken stock cube and simmer a bit longer.