Recipe by mangosteen
This is the ultimate comfort food, easy, warm and delicious. I came up with this recipe one day when I was feeling sick and wanted something comforting to make me feel better. Hope you all like it!
Top Review by mana11003
This recipe came out so good . I just finished making it with the garlic and rosemary baby potato recipe. The only thing is that I wouldn't recommend adding more salt if you made it with chicken broth.
- 6 skin-on chicken drumsticks (or other pieces)
- flour (for dredging)
- salt and black pepper
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 large cooking onion, chopped
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 (10 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- pour a good amount of flour onto a plate. Add 1 teaspoons salt and 3 or 4 grinds of pepper. Mix together, and coat chicken pieces, shaking off excess flour.
- Preheat a pan that has a lid on high heat. Once heated, add olive oil, swirling to coat bottom of pan. Add chicken pieces and brown on both sides. Remove chicken to a plate and turn off heat. If there are any scorched bits in the pan, rinse and pat dry with paper towels.
- Preheat pan again on medium high heat. Once heated, add butter and stir until melted. Add onion and garlic and fry for a few minutes, but don't let the butter burn. Add chicken pieces back into pan and pour in chicken broth and wine.
- Add bay leaves, rosemary, basil, 1/2 teaspoons of salt, and 3 -4 grinds of pepper. Stir a bit to spread spices around, and bring to a boil. Once boiling close lid and turn down to low heat. Let simmer for 1 hour, turning chicken pieces over with tongs every 20 minutes or so. Enjoy!
- Note: Sauce tends to reduce quite a bit, so if you want more sauce, add more chicken broth after half an hour or so.