Prep 25 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Healthy & Yummy! Something to warm you up on chilly nights!
- 1 cup wild rice, uncooked
- 3 cups boiling water
- 2 slices smoked bacon
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 3⁄4 cup sliced carrot
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2 soup cans milk
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, undrained
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- Combine rice and boiling water in a large saucepan; simmer, covered 50 - 60 minutes, Drain off excess liquid and set aside.
- In a skillet, fry bacon until crisp. Remove bacon, crumble and set aside.
- Drain all but 1 tablespoons of drippings from the pan. Saute onions, celery and carrots.
- In a large kettle or dutch oven, combine broth, soups, milk, mushrooms, seasoned salt, pepper, crumbled bacon, sauteed vegetables and wild rice.
- Cover and simmer for 1 hour.