Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
Oh, I just love rice pilaf! This one is from a Swanson Broth Creative Cooking recipe pamphlet. Just remember that the broth is already diluted, so don't add water! Also, feel free to add other herbs of your choice.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked wild rice
- 2 (14 ounce) cansswanson vegetable broth
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain white rice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet.
- Add onion, carrots, celery and garlic and cook until tender.
- Add wild rice and broth.
- Heat to a boil.
- Cover and cook over low heat for 25 minutes.
- Add white rice.
- Cover and cook over low heat for 20 minutes or until done.
- Stir in parsley.
Very good. I will make this again but with less wild rice as mine was too crunchy for my taste.
This was just what I was looking for to go with my salmon tonight! Perfect for a weeknight's supper. Simple and delicious. I followed your directions exactly for perfect results. Thanks, Bec!
Very good pilaf recipe. I didn't add celery because my husband doesn't like it. I had 2/3 cup wild rice left so used that and added more stock. It turned out perfect. I will be making it again.