Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
These are a makeover of Vegan Lemon Poppyseed Cookies. I un-veganized them, reduced the sugar, amped up the lemon, and used white whole wheat flour. These are light and delicious, not to sweet but sweet enough. Very popular here! The poppyseeds add a lovely texture.
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 2 drops of vanilla creme-flavored liquid stevia (optional)
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon extract
- 3⁄4 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 1⁄2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1⁄3 cup poppy seed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whip butter and oil together until fluffy (approx 10 minutes).
- Add sugar.
- Add yogurt and vanilla.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Drop by large spoonfuls onto a cookie sheet.
- Bake approximately 12 minutes, or until turning lightly golden at the edges. These will be a more cakey cookie, so you don't want it to brown. Cooking time will depend on actual cookie size, oven, etc.
These do cook quickly, I had to make these again, though it was completely my fault, I did not set my timer , so I am reviewing these the second time making them.
Made these cutting the recipe in half, and leaving out the stevia. The kids loved these, as well as I did. These would be ideal for unexpected company as there is a quick baking time. The flavors really come out in these too, as the ending result ended up a nice flavorful little snack for us today.
The preparation was nice and simple, and look forward to the leftovers later today. DELICIOUS !! Made for PRMR tag. Loved the idea of the whole wheat flour too.