Recipe by HOUSEMANAGER (Charlene)
This recipe has never let me down! It's a simple recipe for a 1.5 lb. loaf of sheer goodness. You can use either all purpose flour or bread machine flour, and I would encourage you to use the bread machine flour, I think it makes that much of a difference. When you're looking for a classic full-proof recipe for white bread in your bread machine look no further than this!
Top Review by MizzNezz
I've always made the bread on the dough cycle and baked it in the oven. We have never liked it as much when I let it bake in the machine. I let this bread go all the way in the machine and it is SUPER!!! No more heating the oven! This has a wonderful texture and an even better taste! This is my bread recipe from now on. Thanks for sharing the recipe, Charlene!
- 1 cup water, plus
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter or 1 1⁄2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups all-purpose flour or 3 cups bread machine flour
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons skim milk powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons bread machine yeast
- 1 tablespoon melted butter, for brushing on finished crust