Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
I was looking for a good bread machine recipe for white wheat flour that I had. I finally came across this from King Arthur Flour. The recipe that I had gotten didn't call for it to be used in a bread machine so I've tweaked it a bit to accommodate a machine. It turned out wonderful.
- 1⁄2 cup lukewarm milk
- 1⁄2 cup lukewarm water
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 3 3⁄4 cups white wheat flour or 3 3⁄4 cups traditional whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup dried potato flakes
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons instant yeast
- You can microwave the milk, water, and orange juice in large glass measuring cup for about 40 seconds, should warm up nicely depending on your microwave. Check it to make sure it's not too hot before putting in bread machine.
- You can microwave the butter to soften, about 10 seconds.
- Add the ingredients to the bread machine in the order listed. Your machine should be the same order as I've given. If not, follow your own basic machine order.
- Be sure NOT to add the potato flakes BEFORE the flour otherwise they will puff and make the dough too tough to knead.
- Set machine to wheat setting, 2 pound size, and I use medium crust. And go. This bread makes nice toast as well.