Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
- 10 -11 ounces water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup wheat bran
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons dry milk
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- Put all ingredients into a 1 1/2 pound breadmaker.
- Prepare according to instructions.
- Or, for a more normal loaf, use the dough setting.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Roll out dough, then roll into a loaf, tuck the ends under, and drop into a well-greased bread pan.
- Let rise until it doubles in size.
- (Putting it somewhere warm will make it go faster!).
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or till crust is golden brown.
This is a great bread for a newbie. I mixed in the bread maker & cooked in the oven 350 for 30 min. Keep an eye on the rise. I would let it rise next time only 1hr. Great the next day for toast. This recipe was recommended to me by Mianbao who is a bread baker.