Recipe by Mom of Five
One of my friends makes wedding cakes and this is her recipe. I like using it for birthday cakes, especially ones I am doing something creative with as the cake holds together quite well.
Top Review by mgw68
This has become my standard white cake when I decorate a cake. I typically double the recipe because I like a nice tall cake for presentation. The texture is nice and it holds up well to decorating. I typically use vanilla extract, I found the almond extract to be a little much. I've tried it with whole eggs and just egg whites, and to be honest I don't know which one I like best, it works well either way. Thank you for posting.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box Betty Crocker super moist white cake mix
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 egg whites (3 whole eggs can be used-decrease water to 1 1/4 c)
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease and flour 2 9-inch cake pans; set aside.
- Beat all ingredients on low speed until mixed.
- Batter will be thick.
- Beat on medium speed about 2 minutes.
- Batter will be slightly lumpy.
- Pour into greased and floured pans.
- Bake at 350° for 30- 35 minutes or until cake tests done. Do not overbake.