Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
this is delicious, very much like vicchysoise with the subtle flavor of the celeriac. this does taste good cold, as well, and leftovers reheat beautifully
- 4 cups diced celeriac
- 4 cups diced yukon gold potatoes
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- 2 cups water
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sliced scallions
- white pepper
- combine first 6 ingredients in a stockpot, bring to boil, lower heat and simmer for 30 minutes until veggies are tender with a hand blender process the soup until it is smooth.
- add wine, cook for 5 minutes.
- add milk, salt, pepper.
- divide into 6 bowls, drizzle each with olive oil and sprinkle with scallions.
This recipe was just okay, at least to my taste buds. It was my first experience using celeriac - so that was good for me to learn about - but it was also expensive.