Recipe by chia
this is delicious, very much like vicchysoise with the subtle flavor of the celeriac. this does taste good cold, as well, and leftovers reheat beautifully
- 4 cups diced celeriac
- 4 cups diced yukon gold potatoes
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- 2 cups water
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sliced scallions
- white pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- combine first 6 ingredients in a stockpot, bring to boil, lower heat and simmer for 30 minutes until veggies are tender with a hand blender process the soup until it is smooth.
- add wine, cook for 5 minutes.
- add milk, salt, pepper.
- divide into 6 bowls, drizzle each with olive oil and sprinkle with scallions.