Prep 2 hrs
Cook 10 mins
This is in response to a request. The recipe is from the Taste of Home magazine. It is a cream cheese cutout cookie. Frost with Frosting for White Velvet Cutout Cookies.
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and cream cheese until light and fluffy.
- Add sugar, egg yolks and vanilla: mix well.
- Gradually add flour.
- Cover and chill 2 hours or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Roll out on a lightly floured surface to 1/4-inch thickness.
- Cut into 3-inch shapes.
- Place 1 inch apart on greased baking sheets.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until set (not brown at all).
- Cool for 5 minutes; remove to wire racks to continue cooling.
- Frost after completely cool with White Velvet Buttercream Cookie Frosting (see Recipe #48001).
I make these every year for Christmas. They are my favorite recipe for cutouts because they stay so soft. They're so good I've replaced my grandma's sugar cookie recipe.
I made these cookies for christmas this year and they were wonderful.I baked the cookies and froze,then defrosted and decorated.I prefer the taste of lightly brown on bottom.
I've been makeing these for all of my married life. they are the best cutout cookie ever. Chewy and moist. I agree they don't even need frosting