Recipe by ladywisconsin
Everything you could ever ask for from a veggie lasagna. Try it, I know you'll be glad you did! Feel free to add whatever vegetables you fancy.
Top Review by Seravieve
I used Classico brand Alfredo sauce and only used shallots, zucchini, carrots and broccoli (per our taste). This was very similar to the white veggie lasagna (by Prego) that I ate growing up. It was very easy and VERY tasty. =)
- 6 ounces lasagna noodles, cooked
- 16 ounces red pepper alfredo sauce
- 1 (10 ounce) frozen spinach, drained well
- 2 (4 ounce) cans mushrooms, drained
- 1 small zucchini, sliced
- 1 eggplant, sliced
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 -2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- On a cookie sheet, place sliced eggplant, zucchini and carrots.Drizzle with olive oil and salt, bake until veggies get some color.
- Sauté onions & garlic in butter until garlic is fragrant and onions are semi-translucent.
- Add zucchini, carrots and eggplant to onions.
- Also add canned mushrooms, drained spinach & tomatoes to veggies.
- Mix corn starch and water, add to veggies over heat.
- Mix ricotta, milk and egg together.
- Grease pan.
- Pour a little Alfredo sauce on bottom of pan.
- Press one layer lasagna noodles into sauce.
- Layer 1/3 veggies, 1/3 cheese and more sauce.
- Repeat twice more, until at the top of the pan.
- Sprinkle 1-2 cups mozzarella cheese on top.
- Cover and bake 30 minutes.
- Remove cover, bake until cheese is browned.
- Serve with garlic bread.