Recipe by Dib's
How's your sweet tooth? Cut it on this recipe!
Top Review by FruitLoop
I made this to take to a work pot-luck. WOW!! Sweet, rich, and gooey. Needless to say, it was a huge hit with everyone. Given 5+ stars from all who ate it. I refered them to this site for the recipe. Thanks Diana. This one is a real delight.
- 1 package yellow cake mix
- 1 cup water
- 1 (14 ounce) cansweetened condensed milk, divided
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 (14 ounce) package caramels
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup melted margarine
- 1 lb powdered sugar
- 6 teaspoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 35o.
- Combine cake mix, water, milk, oil and eggs-beat well.
- Spread 1/2 of the batter into a greased 9x13 inch pan.
- Bake 30 minutes.
- Melt caramels with remaining milk, stirring constantly.
- Stir in pecans.
- Pour over hot cake and spread remaining batter over caramel layer.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Spread frosting over warm-not hot-cake.
- Combine margarine, sugar and milk, beat well.
- Add vanilla, mix well.
- Frost cake and sprinkle pecans over top.