Recipe by Sackville
Very low fat and easy to make. Enjoy!! For diabetics, exchanges include 1 bread/starch and 3 low-fat meat. (Originally from http://diabeticgourmet.com).
Top Review by TheDancingCook
A very tasty healthy chili! I doubled the batch and did throw in about 2 handfuls of leftover corn kernels, as well as 1 can of diced tomatoes, very well drained. I also used salt and pepper to taste upon serving. Thanks for posting!
- 1 1⁄2 cups onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 19 ounces cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups white turkey meat or 2 cups ground turkey, cooked (and cubed, if not ground)
Directions See How It's Made
- Use a large saucepan to cook onions, bell peppers, and garlic in oil until tender.
- Add cumin, oregano, cayenne pepper, and salt.
- Cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in beans, broth and turkey.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 30 minutes or until slightly thickened.