Recipe by Kitty Kat Cook
Simple from-scratch cake! Really good cake! Cooling tme included in prep time.
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 3⁄4 ounces white chocolate, melted
For truffle topping
- 1 1⁄4 cups heavy cream
- 12 ounces white chocolate, broken into pieces
- 9 ounces mascarpone cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F/180 degrees C.
- Grease an 8" springform pan and line the bottom.
- Whisk the eggs and sugar for 10 minutes or until foamy, add the flour, and fold in the melted chocolate.
- Pour into the pan and bake for 25 minutes or test for doneness
- Let the cake cool completely on a wire rack, once it's cool return to baking pan.
- For the topping, place the cream in a sauce pan and bring to a boil, stirring to prevent it from sticking to the bottom of the pan. Reduce heat slightly, then add the white chocolate pieces and stir until melted and combined.
- Remove from heat and stir until almost cool, then stir in the cheese, pour the mixture on top of the cake and chill for 2 hours.