Recipe by Kitchen Daddio
A Kitchen Daddio variation on a holiday favorite. Easy to make; easy to clean! And kids love it! Parents, try letting your kids make it themselves (with your supervision of course!). Update 12/26/06: Hat tip to "Kat's Mom" for catching a major typo! No, it should NOT have been 60 oz. of chocolate chips. It should be 16 oz!!! Try this one again, and I promise you'll enjoy it, or I'll refund you the ingredients.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 (16 ounce) box Rice Chex
- 2 (16 ounce) boxes confectioners' sugar
- 1 (16 ounce) bag chocolate chips (optional)
- 1 (16 ounce) jar dry roasted peanuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- For "WHITE TRASH," use the first four ingredients only. Or for a fun variation - add the optional chocolate chips and dry roasted peanuts to make "TRAILER TRASH!".
- Melt butter, peanut butter (and chocolate chips) together in medium sauce pan OVER LOW HEAT. Place Rice Chex (and dry roasted peanuts) in a large container (plastic salad mixing bowls with lids work great!). Pour melted mixture over Rice Chex (and peanuts) and toss, until evenly coated throughout.
- ---Kids love this part!---.
- Then pour conf. sugar over mixture (1 box at a time), place lid on container, and shake shake shake! Shake well, until all the mixture is coated with sugar. Repeat with second box.
- Serve, and enjoy!