1/1 Photo of White Trash / Redneck Breakfast
Chef shapeweaver �'s Note:
Sometime back there was a topic in CC, ( Community Cafe ) about " White Trash/ Redneck Comfort Foods ". I decided to try to come up with a recipe that fit that topic. I think with this recipe it fits the topic very well.Thanks to Kim for Roasted Parmesan Potatoes, which the potato part of the recipe is based on. Even if your not " White Trash or Redneck " I think you might like this. But don't eat it too often, or you jest might catch yor' ;) self talkin' like Jeff Foxworthy.Submitted to " ZAAR " on January 3,2010
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 cups potatoes, peeled and diced into 2 inch chunks
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese (the stuff in the green shaker )
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste )
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper (or to taste )
- 1Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
- 2In a 3 cup bowl with lid, add all the potato ingredients,cover and shake until potatoes are well coated.
- 3Place on a cookie sheet that has been lined with aluminum foil and sprayed with cooking spray, bake for 25 minutes, stirring once or twice during baking.
- 4While potatoes are baking, melt margarine in a medium sized skillet add Spam and lightly brown.
- 5Add flour and cook until " flour taste " is gone about 5 minutes.
- 6Then add a little milk at a time, stirring until desired thickness is reached ( you might need a little bit more milk ) add salt and pepper to taste.
- 7Divide potatoes between two plates, and cover with gravy.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for White Trash / Redneck Breakfast
Serving Size: 1 (447 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 805.9
- Calories from Fat 514
- Total Fat 57.1 g
- Saturated Fat 17.3 g
- Cholesterol 82.4 mg
- Sodium 2118.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 23.5 g