Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Sometime back there was a topic in CC, ( Community Cafe ) about " White Trash/ Redneck Comfort Foods ". I decided to try to come up with a recipe that fit that topic. I think with this recipe it fits the topic very well.Thanks to Kim for Roasted Parmesan Potatoes, which the potato part of the recipe is based on. Even if your not " White Trash or Redneck " I think you might like this. But don't eat it too often, or you jest might catch yor' ;) self talkin' like Jeff Foxworthy.Submitted to " ZAAR " on January 3,2010
- 2 1⁄2 cups potatoes, peeled and diced into 2 inch chunks
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese (the stuff in the green shaker )
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (or to taste )
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper (or to taste )
- 6 ounces diced Spam
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
- In a 3 cup bowl with lid, add all the potato ingredients,cover and shake until potatoes are well coated.
- Place on a cookie sheet that has been lined with aluminum foil and sprayed with cooking spray, bake for 25 minutes, stirring once or twice during baking.
- While potatoes are baking, melt margarine in a medium sized skillet add Spam and lightly brown.
- Add flour and cook until " flour taste " is gone about 5 minutes.
- Then add a little milk at a time, stirring until desired thickness is reached ( you might need a little bit more milk ) add salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide potatoes between two plates, and cover with gravy.
The roasted potatoes were great! I cooked sausage instead of Spam. I made more gravy
than the recipe. I like to serve over toast as well. Thanks for posting!