Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Just like Mama use to make back at the trailer park.
- 1 lb cooked ham, cubed
- 1 lb frozen tater tots
- 16 ounces frozen chopped broccoli
- 2 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (8 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix ingredients and pour into casserole dish.
- Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes until tots are crispy and casserole is a bubblin!
- Top with a bit of cheese and pop back into the oven for about 3 minutes until melted.
- (You may add a small chopped onion, and/or substitute ham with spam, and cheddar with Velveeta for true white trash flavor).
My husband liked this and I thought it was ok but would probably not make it again unless I halved the recipe and still use the full can of soup. I added salt, pepper, garlic powder and minced dried onion and still found it pretty bland. It was good to try something new though.
I am going to add onion powder or onion to this next time for flavor like the other reviewers. It seemed to be missing something. I added a little milk like one of the reviewers also to keep it from being dry. I steamed my broccoli a little bit beforehand to avoid hard broccoli.
This was really hearty and full of flavor. Kids loved it! Will be adding this to my recipe book. Thanks!