Recipe by GiddyUpGo
Any recipe that calls for a canned cream soup is kinda white trashy, in my opinion, but you gotta admit it tastes good and it's easy--and kids actually like it! ( In fact this is the recipe that finally got my son to say "I like broccoli!" ) I try to use a reduced fat cream soup and sour cream to keep the calories down. This is a great side dish for meatloaf, Salisbury steak or any hamburger-based dish.
Top Review by Boomette
I don't really like broccoli but in this recipe, it's great. It has a very good taste. I omitted the salt and breadcrumbs. I let it broil until the cheese was golden. Thanks for posting the recipe :) Made for TYM tag game
- 1 head broccoli
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can low-fat cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons dried breadcrumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Separate the broccoli into florets and steam for 15 minutes. Transfer to a casserole dish.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix the mushroom soup with the sour cream, 1/2 cup cheddar cheese and salt. Pour over the broccoli.
- Top with the remaining 1/4 cup cheddar cheese and bread crumbs.
- Cook for 20 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and the bread crumbs are golden.