1/1 Photo of White Trash Broccoli Casserole
Any recipe that calls for a canned cream soup is kinda white trashy, in my opinion, but you gotta admit it tastes good and it's easy--and kids actually like it! ( In fact this is the recipe that finally got my son to say "I like broccoli!" ) I try to use a reduced fat cream soup and sour cream to keep the calories down. This is a great side dish for meatloaf, Salisbury steak or any hamburger-based dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Separate the broccoli into florets and steam for 15 minutes. Transfer to a casserole dish.
- 3In a medium-sized bowl, mix the mushroom soup with the sour cream, 1/2 cup cheddar cheese and salt. Pour over the broccoli.
- 4Top with the remaining 1/4 cup cheddar cheese and bread crumbs.
- 5Cook for 20 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and the bread crumbs are golden.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for White Trash Broccoli Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (140 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 194.1
- Calories from Fat 75
- Total Fat 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 25.1 mg
- Sodium 838.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 12.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low-fat cream of mushroom soup