Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
My sister-in-law made this at Christmas-time, and everyone loved it! It's very easy to make, and makes a great snack. It also makes a great Christmas goodie to give out to friends and family. I have no idea how it got it's name....
- 1 1⁄2 lbs quality white chocolate
- 2 teaspoons vegetable shortening
- 3 cups Cheerios toasted oat cereal
- 3 cups corn or 3 cups Rice Chex
- 3 cups small pretzels
- 2 cups nuts (I use mixed nuts)
- In a double boiler, melt white chocolate and shortening.
- Stir chocolate mixture until blended and smooth.
- In the meantime, combine all the cereal and nuts in a very large bowl.
- Pour melted white chocolate over the cereal and nuts, gently stirring to coat all pieces.
- Scoop mixture out onto large cookie sheets or jelly roll pans to set.
- After the white chocolate has hardened, break into pieces and store in a large airtight container or Ziploc-type bags.
Kids love this!
Very easy but better than that - delicious - every I shared with went "nuts" over it!
Delicious and easy! The ingredients blend nicely together and the mix of sweet and salty is perfect! Last Christmas I packaged it in pretty cellophane bags and gave them to the neighbors. Thanks, Kibbie!