Allow to sit for 30 minutes before serving. If necessary, refrigerate one filled cake pan while baking the other two cake layers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups sifted cake flour or 2 1/2 cups unsifted all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/3 cups half-and-half or 1 1/3 cups light cream
- 8 egg whites
- 1 cup sugar
- 18 ounces white chocolate baking squares, chopped
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups butter
- 1Grease and lightly flour three 8x1-1/2-inch or 9x1-1/2-inch round baking pans. Set aside.
- 2In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- 3In a large bowl, beat butter with an electric mixer for 30 seconds. Add 1 cup sugar and the vanilla; beat until fluffy. Add the flour mixture alternately with half-and-half to creamed mixture, beating on low to medium speed after each addition just until combined.
- 4Clean beaters. In another large bowl, beat egg whites on medium to high speed until soft peaks form (tips curl). Gradually add 1 cup sugar and beat on high speed until stiff peaks form (tips stand straight). Gently fold the egg whites, about 1/4 at a time, into creamed mixture. (If necessary, transfer mixture into a larger bowl.).
- 5Divide mixture into prepared pans. Bake in a 350 degree F oven about 30 minutes for 8-inch rounds and about 25 minutes for 9-inch rounds or until a toothpick inserted near centers comes out clean*. Cool layers in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes. Remove the layers from the pans and completely cool on wire racks.
- 6Frosting: In a heavy saucepan, melt 18 ounces chopped white chocolate baking squares or bars over low heat. Cool until slightly warm. In a large bowl, beat one softened 3-ounce package cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth. Cut 1-1/2 cups butter into pieces. Add to cream cheese; beat until fluffy. Gradually add cooled chocolate, beating until well blended.
- 7Frost. Cover and refrigerate. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving. Makes 16 servings.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for White Three-Layer Butter Cake With White Chocolate Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (161 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 671.3
- Calories from Fat 390
- Total Fat 43.4 g
- Saturated Fat 27.0 g
- Cholesterol 94.0 mg
- Sodium 412.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 44.1 g
- Protein 7.0 g