Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Best dessert...if not a chocoholic!! From my cousin in Dallas.
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup margarine
- 2 cups flour, plus
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups sugar, plus
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange extract (or 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract, your choice)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 orange, zest of (or lemon, to your taste)
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 3 cups milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon extract (again, your flavor)
- 3 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 6 tablespoons milk, if needed for consistency
- Bring margarine and water to boil.
- Remove from heat.
- Add, while warm, flour, sugar and salt.
- Break in eggs.
- Add sour cream and baking soda.
- Add orange or lemon rind and extract.
- Pour into greased 10X15 pan.
- Bake at 375 for 22 minutes.
- Icing: Boil margarine and milk.
- Stir in powdered sugar.
- Add extract.
- Beat well and spread on warm cake.