Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Really incredible. The best when served warm. Bring this to lots of potlucks.
Top Review by Sunflower
I made this and served it at baby shower. It was so yummmmmmmmy. Rich and moist. The icing is very sweet. The almond flavoring is a subtle nice touch. All the ladies commented that it tasted delicious. Many wanted the recipe. Thanks for a great recipe.
- 236.59 ml butter or 236.59 ml margarine
- 236.59 ml water
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 473.18 ml sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 118.29 ml sour cream
- 4.92 ml almond extract
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 118.29 ml butter or 118.29 ml margarine
- 59.14 ml milk
- 1064.65 ml powdered sugar
- 2.46 ml almond extract
- 236.59 ml chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, bring butter and water to a boil.
- Remove from the heat; stir in flour, sugar, eggs, sour cream, almond extract, salt and baking soda until smooth.
- Pour into a greased 15x10 inch baking pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20-22 minutes or until cake is golden brown and tests done.
- Cool for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, for frosting, combine butter and milk in a saucepan; Bring to a boil; remove from heat; add sugar and extract and mix well.
- Stir in walnuts; spread over warm cake.