Prep 35 mins
Cook 22 mins
Really incredible. The best when served warm. Bring this to lots of potlucks.
- 236.59 ml butter or 236.59 ml margarine
- 236.59 ml water
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 473.18 ml sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 118.29 ml sour cream
- 4.92 ml almond extract
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 118.29 ml butter or 118.29 ml margarine
- 59.14 ml milk
- 1064.65 ml powdered sugar
- 2.46 ml almond extract
- 236.59 ml chopped walnuts
- In a large saucepan, bring butter and water to a boil.
- Remove from the heat; stir in flour, sugar, eggs, sour cream, almond extract, salt and baking soda until smooth.
- Pour into a greased 15x10 inch baking pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20-22 minutes or until cake is golden brown and tests done.
- Cool for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, for frosting, combine butter and milk in a saucepan; Bring to a boil; remove from heat; add sugar and extract and mix well.
- Stir in walnuts; spread over warm cake.
I made this and served it at baby shower. It was so yummmmmmmmy. Rich and moist. The icing is very sweet. The almond flavoring is a subtle nice touch. All the ladies commented that it tasted delicious. Many wanted the recipe. Thanks for a great recipe.
This is an incredible cake! I made a few changes after making this very popular cake 3 times in 2 weeks, and the changes made it even better. I added an extra half cup of flour, reduced the sugar by a half cup, and added a teaspoon of baking powder. These changes make the cake lighter without loosing any taste.
This cake buckled the knees of all the men in my house. It's about half gone between the three of them already. Awesome - deserves more than 5 stars.