Really incredible. The best when served warm. Bring this to lots of potlucks.
Make and share this White Texas Sheet Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 4 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large saucepan, bring butter and water to a boil.
- Remove from the heat; stir in flour, sugar, eggs, sour cream, almond extract, salt and baking soda until smooth.
- Pour into a greased 15x10 inch baking pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20-22 minutes or until cake is golden brown and tests done.
- Cool for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, for frosting, combine butter and milk in a saucepan; Bring to a boil; remove from heat; add sugar and extract and mix well.
- Stir in walnuts; spread over warm cake.