- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 4 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup nuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pan bring to a boil 1 cup butter and 1 cup water.
- Remove from heat and stir until smooth.
- Mix the remainder of the ingredients together and pour into a 10x15 cookie sheet pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes until cake is golden.
- Cool 20 minutes maximum before frosting.
- Bring to a boil 1/2 cup butter and 1/4 cup milk.
- Remove from heat and add the powdered sugar, almond, and nuts.