Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a spin-off of the famous chocolate Texas Sheet Cake. Just as fabulous w/an almondy taste.
Make and share this White Texas Sheet Cake recipe from Food.com.
- In a large pan bring to a boil 1 cup butter and 1 cup water.
- Remove from heat and stir until smooth.
- Mix the remainder of the ingredients together and pour into a 10x15 cookie sheet pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes until cake is golden.
- Cool 20 minutes maximum before frosting.
- Bring to a boil 1/2 cup butter and 1/4 cup milk.
- Remove from heat and add the powdered sugar, almond, and nuts.
This would have been delicious if baking powder and baking soda weren't omitted from the recipe! Go find a recipe from another site.
This cake is best made a day or two ahead. It gets better and better! My family LOVES marzipan, and says this tastes like that wonderful almond confection - YUM!