Recipe by Baby Chevelle
Ready for an old fashion taffy pull? This recipe is wonderful.If you have children, you have the added bonus of great family fun. My boys loved to make it and the pleasure of making their own candy couldn't be beat. Taste great and is just good family enjoyment to fix.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine sugar, corn syrup and water in a heavy saucepan.
- Stir over low heat until sugar dissolves.
- Cook without stirring to light-crack stage (270 degrees). Remove from heat.
- Add vinegar and baking soda, mix thoroughly.
- Pour on buttered platter to cool.
- Butter your hands, then pull taffy until it is snow white and porous.
- When candy is too hard to pull, twist into a rope.
- Cool and break into 1 1/2 inch pieces.