Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
This is my Great Great Grandma Erickson's recipe.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour, plus flour to roll in
- Mix ingedients togather. The dough should be stiff enough to roll out if not add more flour.
- Then roll out in flour. About 1/4 inch thick. I use a glass dipped in flour so it wont stick.
- bake at 350 for 8 - 10 minutes.
My Husband and I tried the recipe without the water and it still did not work. Without the water it turned into a thick batter, but not dough. We used a hand mixer for twenty minutes. I think the recipe may be possible, but it needs serious revising.