Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Found in the June issue of "Better Homes and Gardens". This sounds like a perfect Summer sipper! Recipe is credited to Erica Gradwell, who won $400.00 for it.
- 1 (750 ml) bottle dry white wine, such as pinot grigio or sauvignon blanc
- 1⁄2 cup strawberry schnapps
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 whole strawberry (optional)
- Stir wine, schnapps and sugar together in a 2-quart pitcher'til sugar dissolves.
- Add sliced strawberries and chill 1 to 4 hours.
- Serve over ice, and garnish with whole strawberries, if you want.
This hit the spot on a hot saturday afternoon. Keep chilled. WOnderful!
This helps me. I've been working on my Monday attitude...and my Tuesday attitude. Well, okay, probably all seven of them.
Wonderful summer drink! In the absence of strawberry schnapps in my local liquor stores (and Pennsylvania's Machiavellian approach to the availability of alcoholic beverages), I used Peach Schnapps ... "99 Peaches" specifically. I've used both a pinot grigio and a sauvignon blanc, with the pinot being a tad sweeter. Now I don't want to drink wine any other way!