Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Found in the June issue of "Better Homes and Gardens". This sounds like a perfect Summer sipper! Recipe is credited to Erica Gradwell, who won $400.00 for it.
- 1 (750 ml) bottle dry white wine, such as pinot grigio or sauvignon blanc
- 1⁄2 cup strawberry schnapps
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 whole strawberry (optional)
- Stir wine, schnapps and sugar together in a 2-quart pitcher'til sugar dissolves.
- Add sliced strawberries and chill 1 to 4 hours.
- Serve over ice, and garnish with whole strawberries, if you want.
This hit the spot on a hot saturday afternoon. Keep chilled. WOnderful!
Wonderful summer drink! In the absence of strawberry schnapps in my local liquor stores (and Pennsylvania's Machiavellian approach to the availability of alcoholic beverages), I used Peach Schnapps ... "99 Peaches" specifically. I've used both a pinot grigio and a sauvignon blanc, with the pinot being a tad sweeter. Now I don't want to drink wine any other way!
wow! this was great! I made it for a party and it was soooo good. I thought it would be a good choice since strawberries are in season right now. Boy am I glad I picked this one.