1 hr 10 mins
Nice light white cake. Delicious served filled with whiped cream or pastry cream and berries, peaches or pineapple.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2Grease 3- 12 inch cake pans, set aside.
- 3In an electric mixing bowl with a wire whip attachment, add 1 Egg Yolk& 2 Whole Eggs.
- 4Add, one ingredient at a time: Sugar, Salt, Baking Powder and Cake Flour.
- 5Whip until smooth and appearance is light and yellow.
- 6Add Oil.
- 7Continue to mix 1 minute until fully incorporated.
- 8In a separate clean, dry bowl, with wire whip, add Egg Whites.
- 9Whip until stiff, but not dry peaks.
- 10In a separate bowl, combine Granulated Sugar and Cream of Tartar Add to egg whites and mix quickly.
- 11Remove egg white mixture to a large, dry mixing bowl.
- 12Incorporate the first mix a little at a time by folding in and mixing by hand.
- 13Be careful not to overmix (note:For a lemon flavored cake you can add 2 teaspoons lemon extract).
- 14Spoon finished mixture into cake pans, spreading evenly.
- 15Bake at 400 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes.
- 16Cooking time may vary according to equipment and environment.
- 17If using an alternate size pan, the heat should be adjusted.
- 18The deeper and wider your cake pan, the lower you should have the heat.
- 19Check for doneness by inserting a toothpick into cake, when it comes out clean, cake is done.
- 20Cool cakes on rack before removing from pans.
- 21Fill layers with desired filling and frost with lots of whiped cream.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for White Sponge Cake
Serving Size: 1 (186 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 584.1
- Calories from Fat 178
- Total Fat 19.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 41.1 mg
- Sodium 627.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 89.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 42.1 g
- Protein 12.0 g