Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a different white pizza. It is very tasty. Don't do what I did the first time I made it. I pulled it from the freezer and plopped it on the oven rack forgetting I hadn't pre baked the crust. Needless to say, I had a huge mess in the oven! This comes from one of Holly Clegg's books.
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 10 ounces pizza dough (such as pillsbury, or make your own)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- salt and pepper
- Cook the spinach in the microwave according to the package directions. Cool and drain VERY WELL! Set aside.
- Spray a small saucepan with cooking spray. Add the garlic and saute just do soften - do not brown! Add the flour and stir. Add the milk and heat until thickened. Season with salt and pepper.
- Set aside.
- To bake right away - Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Roll crust out onto a baking sheet or pizza pan.
- Spread crust with white sauce.
- Top with spinach and sprinkle with basil and oregano.
- Sprinkle with cheeses.
- Bake for 10- 20 minutes or until golden. Depends on how thick your crust is.
- To Freeze:.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and then saran wrap.
- Roll out crust and assemble pizza as above.
- Freeze on sheet until firm.
- Wrap tightly and remove from sheet. Store in freezer until ready to bake.
- To serve: Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Unwrap pizza and place on baking sheet. Bake for 10-15 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly and crust is done.
in one word...YUM!! We loved this recipe! and so easy! My husband is not a big red sauce pizza fan so this was perfect. It would also be great with chicken on it. I might try it with some fresh spinach next time. Thank you!
I've been looking for this recipe for years! I love white pizza and can never find it in the grocery store. I added black olives and cooked my dough a little (@ 5 min) before adding the ingredients. My pizza was thin, so I let it sit 15 minutes on the counter while the oven was preheating. I'll never order out again!
Good, but we think there is room for improvement. I really think it would have tasted better if I had put the spinach and herbs in the white sauce and let the flavors blend some. We couldn't taste the herbs at all. I would definitely increase them and the garlic next time. I also think it would be good with some fresh or sundried tomatoes on it. I used Pizza Dough for Pizza or Calzones (Bread Machine) for the crust.