Recipe by JillAZ
This is a different white pizza. It is very tasty. Don't do what I did the first time I made it. I pulled it from the freezer and plopped it on the oven rack forgetting I hadn't pre baked the crust. Needless to say, I had a huge mess in the oven! This comes from one of Holly Clegg's books.
Top Review by PMSchef
in one word...YUM!! We loved this recipe! and so easy! My husband is not a big red sauce pizza fan so this was perfect. It would also be great with chicken on it. I might try it with some fresh spinach next time. Thank you!
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 10 ounces pizza dough (such as pillsbury, or make your own)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the spinach in the microwave according to the package directions. Cool and drain VERY WELL! Set aside.
- Spray a small saucepan with cooking spray. Add the garlic and saute just do soften - do not brown! Add the flour and stir. Add the milk and heat until thickened. Season with salt and pepper.
- Set aside.
- To bake right away - Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Roll crust out onto a baking sheet or pizza pan.
- Spread crust with white sauce.
- Top with spinach and sprinkle with basil and oregano.
- Sprinkle with cheeses.
- Bake for 10- 20 minutes or until golden. Depends on how thick your crust is.
- To Freeze:.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and then saran wrap.
- Roll out crust and assemble pizza as above.
- Freeze on sheet until firm.
- Wrap tightly and remove from sheet. Store in freezer until ready to bake.
- To serve: Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Unwrap pizza and place on baking sheet. Bake for 10-15 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly and crust is done.