Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
This is so simple to put together and tastes so good, but it's not for the diet conscious!!!! Leftovers of this are fabulous.
- 1 (32 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup chopped drained sun-dried tomato packed in oil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 (16 ounce) jars alfredo sauce, divided
- 12 no-boil lasagna noodles
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl combine ricotta, spinach, eggs, sun dried tomatoes, oregano, garlic powder, pepper and nutmeg.
- Spread 3/4 cup Alfredo sauce in ungreased 13 X 9 baking dish; top with 3 noodles (crosswise).
- Spread with 1/3 of ricotta mixture; repeat layering twice with noodles and ricotta mixture, ending with noodles.
- Pour remaining Alfredo sauce over pasta.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake 45 minutes; remove foil and bake another 10 minutes.
- If desired, place lasagna under broiler for 2 minutes to brown cheese.
- Let sit for 10 minutes before serving.
07/25/07- I've made this at least 10 times. A+. Last time I made this, 4 adults sat around and finished off a 9x13" pan. Fabulous. 02/02/10- Update. I'm still making this recipe and all of our friends and family request it on a regular basis. For the first time, I tried making it with fresh spinach, as opposed to frozen spinach. WOW, WOW, WOW. The fresh spinach recipe took this from 5 stars to 10 stars. I purchased fresh, baby spinach. I did not add the spinach to the ricotta mixture, rather, I just layered it on between the ricotta and the alfredo. I will NEVER make it with frozen spinach again.
YUMMMM! I completely stuffed myself on this tonight. The entire family said it was delicious! I made Kittencal's alfredo sauce which is my go-to because it's fantastic. I added a half a bag of mixed vegetables since I didn't have any sundried tomatoes on hand. Will definitely be adding this to my favorite recipes! Thank you!
My husband says this is a keeper. I used fresh garlic in the cheese mixture and didn't use all of the sauce. I, accidentally, only cooked 9 lasagna noodles. I don't belive it effected the end result though. :)