Recipe by MrsMM
This is a gorgeous looking and tasting chicken dish. Also really simple and a great appetizer for your party. I made this for a lunch we hosted, and it was the simplest thing on the menu, and received the best reviews! Cooking time doesn't include marinating time.
Top Review by Chef on the coast
The first thing the boys asked "Is this another NZ recipe?" Then they tried it and loved the flavor/texture. This is a very moist chicken. I used tenderloins and just left them long. I didn't have garlic or ginger paste so did 1/4 tsp each of powder. I also cut the white pepper in half. It was the perfect flavor for our family. Made for the September 2008 NZ/Aussie recipe swap.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken, cut into cubes, breasts preferable
- 1 tablespoon white pepper
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- 3 green bell peppers, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 large onions, cut into slices
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix yogurt, pepper, salt, ginger and garlic pastes.
- Add chicken.
- Marinate for at least 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Arrange chicken pieces pulled OUT of the yogurt mixture, meaning, don't pour all the yogurt in, in a 9x13 baking dish.
- Add green peppers and onions to chicken pieces.
- Bake, covered with foil, for 35 minutes.
- Remove foil, bake an additional 10 minutes.