Recipe by SaraHilo
Ready, Set, Cook! Hidden Valley Contest Entry. This savory ranch shrimp pizza roll is great for a special occasion or for anytime. Serve with a salad to make a complete meal. It could also be served as an appetizer.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 shallots, sliced
- 3⁄4 lb medium shrimp, 41-60 per lb, peeled and deveined
- 3 ounces prosciutto, chopped
- 8 ounces frozen spinach, thawed and water squeezed out
- 1⁄3 cup sun-dried tomato, sliced
- 3⁄4 cup alfredo sauce
- 3 teaspoons Hidden Valley Original Ranch Seasoning Mix, separated
- 1 Pillsbury refrigerated classic pizza crust
- 1⁄2 lemon
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup smoked gouda cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F In a medium sauce pan, heat olive oil on medium heat. Sauté garlic and shallots for 3-5 minutes until tender. Add shrimp to pan and sauté for 3-4 minutes. Stir in spinach, tomatoes and prosciutto and sauté for 3-4 minutes. Meanwhile mix 2 tsp of ranch seasoning mix with alfredo sauce. Combine alfredo sauce mixture with shrimp mixture and remove from heat.
- Spread pizza crust out on 12x17 sheet pan. Crust should be about 1 inch from the sides of pan. Cut 1 inch wide strips on long side of crust. Each cut should be about 1 ½ inches long. Pour shrimp mixture down the center of pizza crust, spreading it almost to the cut lines. Top with mozzarella cheese and Gouda cheese. Drizzle with juice of ½ lemon. Braid crust starting at one end, fold end of crust up and stretch each strip of crust across to the other side of shrimp mixture, alternate sides. Fold opposite end of crust up when braiding is complete and tuck under last set of strips.
- Mix Parmesan cheese and 1 tsp of ranch seasoning mix. Melt butter and brush on top of crust. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese mixture on top of crust. Put in oven and bake for 15-16 minutes until golden brown.
- Cut into 8 pieces with a pizza cutter and serve.