Prep 3 hrs
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is a modified version of a Martha Stewart recipe.
For Pizza Dough
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup warm water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon yeast
- 1 cup ricotta cheese (I use part skim)
- 1 tablespoon butter (divided)
- 1 cup fresh shiitake mushroom
- 1⁄4 lb Broccolini
- 10 cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 1 cup cheese (pizza cheese, mozarella, parmesan, etc.)
- mixed Italian herbs
- For dough:.
- Mix together the flour and in a small indention mix lukewarm water, yeast and salt.
- Mix all ingredients and knead dough into ball (you might need more flour to keep it from sticking).
- Place dough in a bowl (I spray the bowl with cooking spray to keep from sticking), cover it and let it rise for 1 1/2 hours.
- Knead again and let rise another 1 hour.
- Take dough and spread it thinly on a baking sheet (either covered with parchment or sprayed with cooking spray).
- Bake for 5 minutes in oven (preheated to 400F) before spreading with topping.
- For topping:.
- Clean mushrooms and cut into strips.
- Heat half of the butter in a small pan fry the mushrooms until lightly brown. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In the same pan heat the rest of the butter and briefly sautee the brocollini then add tomatoes and take of the heat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread Ricotta on the slightly pre-baked Pizza dough.
- Top with vegetables then sprinkle with fresh or dried Italian Herbs, Basil, etc.
- Top with Cheese.
- Bake for another 10 minutes (400F).