Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
This is an easy recipe that always produces great results. The flavor is just right.
- 4 chicken breast halves
- 1⁄2 onion, sliced thin
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup dry sherry or 1⁄2 cup cooking sherry
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Place chicken in baking dish just large enough to fit chicken comfortably in one layer.
- Divide onion slices into rings and distribute over chicken.
- In a bowl, blend mushroom soup, chicken soup and sherry.
- Spoon over chicken and onions.
- Sprinkle with parmesan.
- Bake at 325 degrees about 2 1/2 hours or until browned.
- Serve over hot white rice, couscous or noodles.